Making Connections (newborn up to 6 months old at start of session)
Tuesdays: 11:30am – 1pm
2/28, 3/7, 3/14, 3/21, 3/28, 4/4
Tuesdays: 11:30am – 1pm
4/11, 4/25, 5/2, 5/9, 5/16, 5/23
It may seem like just yesterday your bundle of joy made their entrance into the world; oh how quickly they grow and change!
The first six months is an exciting time for both mom and baby with many milestones. From first smiles and cooing, to learning to rollover, sit-up, and grasp objects, your baby is constantly growing and changing. Many new moms benefit from being part of a supportive and nurturing group, where they can share concerns, experiences, and the challenges of motherhood in a safe, non-judgmental environment. Making Connections offers support and advice for mom, as baby is busy developing and discovering the world around him or her.
In this mom support group, you can ask questions, share tips and ideas, and make connections with other new moms, while bonding with your bundle of joy. You will hear from other mothers, who are experiencing the same joys and challenges, make friends, and feel supported.
Discussions are based around the questions and concerns of each mommy group; topics may include:
- Sleep: facilitating healthy sleep practices/routines, swaddling, sleep cycles and associations, napping
- Feeding: breast milk and/or formula, bottles, pumping, schedules/frequency, lactation support, introducing solids, baby-led weaning,
- Comforting: learning the difference between cries, soothing and settling techniques for fussy/tired/hungry/gassy babies, pacifiers, babywearing, swaddling
- Milestones: first smiles, discovering hands and feet, baby babble/cooing, head control, sitting-up, rolling over
- Developmental Play: tummy time, sensory toys, songs and activities
- Mom’s Health: your postpartum emotional and physical self
- Employment: transitioning back to employment and arranging childcare coverage
- Balancing Relationships: defining your new role as a mom, and combining your past identity as a woman, spouse/partner, friend
This group is for mom with a newborn(s) up to six months old at the start of the session.
Class Information and Guidelines:
There is no additional cost for mothers of multiples who would like to join this mommy group. Before registration and payment, we kindly ask that you take a moment and thoroughly review all policies and procedures, as they are binding once you register with us.